Dast Data Protection Regulation compliance policy
Dyslexia Assessment Services & Training (dast) is run as a Sole Trader business for the purposes of Assessing and teaching individuals for and with Specific Learning Difficulties (SpLD’s). We take your privacy seriously.
Types of data we collect:
- Personal identifiers and biographical information, for example date of birth
- Contact details – for example home address, email address and telephone number
- Sensitive personal data - for example, details of why an individual seeks an assessment, details of a disability or specific learning difficulty, details of support a client/learner may have had in the past, assessment data, and notes written during and after support or assessment sessions or after other contact with client/learner
- Dates of meetings held with a client/learner
- Family Details – for example details of other family members with whom a client/learner or a client/learner’s school/college/workplace have given me consent to liaise
- Why we collect this information:
- For example this may be to plan and provide the assessment report/ report for Access Arrangements/ to inform teaching strategies etc. the client/learner has requested.
- Electronic records may be saved on encrypted hard drives
- Paper records are stored in locked metal filing boxes.
- Supporting papers are kept for 6 years (6 years after a minor has reached the age of 18) in case there were any legal action later.
- Access Arrangement records will be deleted after 26 months,
- DSA diagnostic assessments will be destroyed and deleted after 3 years
- Paper records will be shredded and incinerated
- Who we might share this information with:
- The clients family in the form requested
- School or Educational establishment Staff if so requested.
- Anonymised information might be shared with an Administrator for the purposes of entering scores (electronically through encrypted media)
- Access to your personal information:
- You are entitled to view, amend, or delete the personal information that we hold. Email your request to email@example.com. Note: Requests from clients/learners to delete data relating to an individual will be considered on a case by case basis but we may be unable to remove all assessment records/support notes for legal reasons.
Changes to this Privacy Notice:
- This Privacy notice will be reviewed annually . This policy was last reviewed on 22nd May 2018 . next review date 22nd May 2019